Saturday, 8 November 2014

Manna Story

When I like something, I really like it, and really show that I like it.. and my recent like is this Korean restaurant - Manna Story. So much so I patron about 3 times in 2 weeks.


and tabao {take-outs} by Willie honey between those visits, and I miss it if I miss it for a day {pun? pun}. Yes, I'm that hysterical.

beef bulgogi | kimchi jjigae | banchan
This is from our first visit. We're relatively new to Korean so we decided to try some common ones we hear from shows we watch.

Beef bulgogi - grilled marinated beef
This is really good - very sweet - and the serving, as you see, is so generous! We had difficulties finishing.. lol

Kimchi jjigae - kimchi stew with pork ✰✰✰
I'm into this for a while now and I'd say this place serves the best I've had! I like that it's savoury, and I'm thinking it's because it's not instant and everything was in it from the beginning, the only thing I would wish excluded is the pork. Nothing wrong with it - I'm just not so much a pork person.. but I believe it wouldn't be as nice without it.. *torn*

Banchan - side dishes
4 of these comes with almost every main dish or set. I may love kimchi stew but I don't like kimchi, if not hate. I'm not a fan of raw vegetables, marinated or not. I just don't like the taste of that rawness and sometimes greenness. It took me more than 20 years to take salad. There are some that I enjoy though, that ikan bilis one, and a jellyfish I had another visit.

bibim bap
Bibim bap - mixed rice
This is the stone pot version and is more common {I think}, though they do serve in bowls. I like the stone pot one, to ensure all vegetables are cooked, especially the bean sprouts. lol
It's sprinkled with sesame oil so it's really fragrant.

Sundubu jjigae
Sundubu jjigae - soft tofu stew ✰✰✰
This is my new love. Still a little torn.. No pork, yes.. but no other vegs too!

kimchi jeon
Kimchi jeon - kimchi pancake ✰✰
We saw this on every table on our first visit, and decided to have this on our second, and then the next, and the next... This is really da bomb!

We also tried a few other dishes, actually Willie did, I practically order the same dish every-single-time. Yup, that's me.

Like their facebook page and show them at the cashier to get 5% off!
{apparently they have a few different pages, Seoul, PS, Jcube, bla bla, so different staff wanna see different page (◔_◔)}


Manna Story (Plaza Singapura)
68 Orchard Road, #B2-22 Singapore 238839
+65 6238 1245



post signature


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...