Friday, 12 September 2014

12 . Our tradition

Today's prompt: Tell us about a favourite tradition. It could be a family tradition or from a holiday, university, you-name-it. What makes it so special?

Being Singaporean Chinese, we're known to have a lot of family oriented festive events. So, everybody is about the same. So, I'll share something that's not so norm.



This originated from my husband's. When they we celebrate any birthdays or anniversaries, basically as long as it comes with a cake, this will be the sight you would see.

that's my mil feeding me
the rest being paparazzi

We fork and eat directly from the cake without distributing slices... everyone eats from the cake..
and then...
we start feeding one another... LOL

From the pattern I've observed..
If it's a parent's birthday,  either my FIL or MIL, the birthday gent/lady will start to feed everyone..
If it's a kid's birthday, meaning the rest of us, the birthday boy/girl gets a mouth from everyone else..
It's always us eating!

I think this is a really fun way to display our unity.

(≧ω≦)


Brave Love Blog
I'm participating in
The Blog-tember Challenge




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...